The key to bringing more love into the world and especially in our relationships is greater self-awareness. This brings us more calmness and opens us up to greater compassion.
You too can have authentic relationships that are heart-centred and full of love—and here are my simple tips to help you bring more love into the world:
1. Next time you are in a potential conflict or disagreement with someone, ask yourself: does this really matter?
Will I even be talking about this in the months and years to come!?
2. Take some time out—get away from the situation and let your emotions calm down.
Otherwise, as in my examples above, you might end up doing something you’ll regret for the rest of your life.
3. Put yourself in the other person’s place and ask how you would want to be treated if you were them.
Then treat them exactly the same way, if not even better.
4. See each person in your life as a young, vulnerable, helpless baby.
They all were at one time. Show them the same love and awe you would show toward an infant.
5. Look for the highest good in the other person.
Everyone is doing the best they can, so help them be the best they can be! Indeed, in any dealings with other people, always look for the highest good of all involved.
6. Learn from any experiences where a relationship has deteriorated.
Ask yourself: What lessons can I use to do things differently next time?
7. Look for guidance from your mentors and people you look up to help you resolve any relationship issues.
What would your role models say? What would Gandhi, Mother Teresa, or Lori Deschene say? 🙂
8. Finally, the most important thing of all is to have a life mission to bring more love into the world.
Ask yourself these two key questions anytime you are in a conflict:
What would love do?
How can I bring more love into the world?